May 8, 2009
On Thursday Ella was diagnosed with a double ear infection as well as a sore throat and she had a high fever. Friday morning she woke up at 5:00 am, which is very unusual for her, so I knew something was wrong. As soon as I picked her up I could feel the heat coming from her body, she had 103 fever. I immediately took her downstairs for some Tylenol and on the way back upstairs she vomited it up. After falling back to sleep for a few more hours she had a bottle, pushed it away and vomited again. I knew she didn't feel well so I made a doctors appointment for her Friday morning. After visiting with Dr. Paul he told us to get Ella to the ER because she was dehydrated. Nana and I took her to the hospital where they did blood work and immediately started an IV, they gave her the fluids manually with a syringe to get her hydrated quickly. After the ER doctor spoke our pediatrician it was decided that Ella needed to be admitted because she gets dehydrated very quickly.
On Thursday Ella was diagnosed with a double ear infection as well as a sore throat and she had a high fever. Friday morning she woke up at 5:00 am, which is very unusual for her, so I knew something was wrong. As soon as I picked her up I could feel the heat coming from her body, she had 103 fever. I immediately took her downstairs for some Tylenol and on the way back upstairs she vomited it up. After falling back to sleep for a few more hours she had a bottle, pushed it away and vomited again. I knew she didn't feel well so I made a doctors appointment for her Friday morning. After visiting with Dr. Paul he told us to get Ella to the ER because she was dehydrated. Nana and I took her to the hospital where they did blood work and immediately started an IV, they gave her the fluids manually with a syringe to get her hydrated quickly. After the ER doctor spoke our pediatrician it was decided that Ella needed to be admitted because she gets dehydrated very quickly.
Waiting patiently in the ER
Snoozing while she gets her IV fluidsElla is still as cute as she can be even when she is very sick




2 comments:
These pictures are cute even though she is a sick baby girl!!
I am so glad she is feeling better.
XOXOxo
Mema
Post a Comment