November 23, 2009
Friday morning little man and I had a date to our local nature sanctuary for a preschool program called "Turkey Talk!" This was our first experience going to the nature sanctuary and what a fun one it was! Jackson and I learned many things about turkeys! We learned an adult male turkey is called a Tom and a young male is called a Jake! We also got to see a piece of female skat (fancy word for poo poo) and we learned that female skat looks like a cinnamon roll while male skat is shaped like a "J!" Who would have known!? The instructor showed the kiddos pictures of turkeys, they got to touch the many different feathers a turkey has, they touched a real turkey leg and they all tried out a turkey call. After learning turkey facts they made a cool turkey puppet! To finish off our lesson we went on a walk outside and looked for turkey tracks, we found some along with deer tracks! As we were driving home Jackson asked if we can go back there tomorrow, I think we will be frequent visitors to our nature sanctuary, what fun we had!
Friday morning little man and I had a date to our local nature sanctuary for a preschool program called "Turkey Talk!" This was our first experience going to the nature sanctuary and what a fun one it was! Jackson and I learned many things about turkeys! We learned an adult male turkey is called a Tom and a young male is called a Jake! We also got to see a piece of female skat (fancy word for poo poo) and we learned that female skat looks like a cinnamon roll while male skat is shaped like a "J!" Who would have known!? The instructor showed the kiddos pictures of turkeys, they got to touch the many different feathers a turkey has, they touched a real turkey leg and they all tried out a turkey call. After learning turkey facts they made a cool turkey puppet! To finish off our lesson we went on a walk outside and looked for turkey tracks, we found some along with deer tracks! As we were driving home Jackson asked if we can go back there tomorrow, I think we will be frequent visitors to our nature sanctuary, what fun we had!




1 comments:
Jackson, it looks like you had a great time at Turkey Talk!! I love the puppet you made!
XOXO
Post a Comment