CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Two Brave Kiddos

July 18, 2010
Friday I took Jackson and Ella to Children's Mercy Hospital downtown to meet with an Immunologist. The reason for our visit was to hopefully find out why they are sick so much and to find out if their immune systems are functioning correctly. We had a very thorough visit with the doctor and she was great, she asked a ton of great questions that I had never thought about before. She thought that it was in some way normal for the kids to be as sickly as they have been but she said she would feel more comfortable having a few different blood tests done to check out their immune systems as well as a few allergy possibilities. We will find out in two weeks the results of their blood work. I do have to say that I was nervous and sweating a little bit when I found out they were both having blood drawn, me by myself trying to hold them down didn't sound like too much fun! The lady who drew their blood was great, I didn't have to worry at all! I will post in a few weeks when we find out if anything was discovered from their blood work! After spending a few hours at the hospital and for the two of them doing so well I thought I would treat them to lunch at Fritz's as well as some play time at the Clifford exhibit!

2 comments:

Marsha said...

I'm glad the doctor visit went well...just have to wait and see what the test results are.
Fritz's and Clifford made up for the blood drawn!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of Jack and Ella for being so big!! You can't beat Fritz's... Well, if you're under 10! Ha!
Nicole