October 2, 2010
All that I have to say is Ella and the stomach bug do not go well together, the result is always a visit to the emergency room for dehydration and all five times she has been admitted. This time Ella began vomitting early Wednesday morning at 2AM, this continued every thirty minutes until about 7:45AM. After the last time vomitting she had a few episodes of diarrhea and then that was it until about 7:00PM. She began running a fever Wednesday night and wasn't keeping anything down. When I woke up Thursday morning I was hoping for a fresh start, hoping Ella would be able to keep liquids down. I gave Ella small sips of water as soon as she woke up and immediately it all came up. She wanted to sleep and she had just slept for eleven hours, I knew she was dehydrated. Another sign of Ella being dehydrated was an almost completely dry diaper after sleeping all night, not a good sign. We headed to the ER around 9:00AM and within an hour we found out they were keeping her due to her dehydration level as well as low sugar levels. By Thursday evening Ella was wanting to drink and eat, this is the quickest turn around we have ever experienced with Ella, thank goodness! Friday morning Ella was eating and drinking and the pediatrician gave us the okay to go home, we were home by noon on Friday! I have to say that Ella is such a brave little girl, between having the IV put in her poor little hand and being poked when having blood drawn she does so well, what a little trooper!
Our next step for Miss Ella is having a consultation with a GI doctor at Children's Mercy Hospital in November, this is what our pediatrician recommended to rule out any possible disease or underlying issue that may be causing the frequent dehydration issues. We pray that this is just bad luck and not anything more, please keep Ella in your prayers.
All that I have to say is Ella and the stomach bug do not go well together, the result is always a visit to the emergency room for dehydration and all five times she has been admitted. This time Ella began vomitting early Wednesday morning at 2AM, this continued every thirty minutes until about 7:45AM. After the last time vomitting she had a few episodes of diarrhea and then that was it until about 7:00PM. She began running a fever Wednesday night and wasn't keeping anything down. When I woke up Thursday morning I was hoping for a fresh start, hoping Ella would be able to keep liquids down. I gave Ella small sips of water as soon as she woke up and immediately it all came up. She wanted to sleep and she had just slept for eleven hours, I knew she was dehydrated. Another sign of Ella being dehydrated was an almost completely dry diaper after sleeping all night, not a good sign. We headed to the ER around 9:00AM and within an hour we found out they were keeping her due to her dehydration level as well as low sugar levels. By Thursday evening Ella was wanting to drink and eat, this is the quickest turn around we have ever experienced with Ella, thank goodness! Friday morning Ella was eating and drinking and the pediatrician gave us the okay to go home, we were home by noon on Friday! I have to say that Ella is such a brave little girl, between having the IV put in her poor little hand and being poked when having blood drawn she does so well, what a little trooper!
Our next step for Miss Ella is having a consultation with a GI doctor at Children's Mercy Hospital in November, this is what our pediatrician recommended to rule out any possible disease or underlying issue that may be causing the frequent dehydration issues. We pray that this is just bad luck and not anything more, please keep Ella in your prayers.
So brave with her IV in
Poor sleepy girl in the ER
Someone perked up when Poppy walked in the room
Feeling better




1 comments:
I'm so glad that the IV worked wonders and FAST!
XOXO
Post a Comment