CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Welcome Baby Luke

December 27, 2011
Well, Luke decided to make his appearance about 10 days before my scheduled c-section. Here is how that Tuesday went........I had taken Ella to the doctor that afternoon to find out she had Strep and pink eye. The doctor ended up giving her two shots so we went home and decided to take a nap as I knew she wasn't feeling well at all and I was exhausted! Brandon took Jackson to his dentist appointment while the girls snoozed. About 3o minutes into our nap I felt a very strange popping sensation in my pelvic area, so much that is startled me and I got up to use the restroom. As soon as I stood up I knew that my water had broke and the fluid was trickling out. I frantically called Brandon to let him know that he needed to get home so we could get to the hospital, he got home really fast and thank goodness for that! My water had broke with Jackson and Ella so I knew what to expect, with Ella my labor was really quick so I became nervous this time around. We had to take Jackson and Ella with us to the hospital because our parents couldn't get to our house fast enough, we couldn't wait around. As soon as we got to the hospital elevators my water gushed all over and I freaked out! We arrived to the Labor and Delivery unit at 3:00pm and that is when everything became a whirlwind! When the nurse checked me I was dilated to a 5 and my contractions were becoming very intense and close together, I couldn't wait to get to the operating room for my c-section because I knew that the spinal would make all of the pain go away! Things became delayed as the nurse was struggling to get my IV started, she tried 3 different times and failed so the anesthesiologist came in and saved the day, thank goodness! I told the nurse that I felt like I needed to push and she told me that wasn't good, so she checked me. She didn't say a word, she walked out of the room and came back with another nurse who said we needed to get to the operating room immediately because I was dilated to a 10. As soon as they wheeled my bed out of the room I started pushing and there was no stopping. Once I was wheeled into the OR the anesthesilogist quickly started my spinal so we could get on with the c-section. I remember feeling immediate relief and laying back on the table to hear my doctor say that she could see Luke's head and she wanted to know if I wanted to try to vaginally deliver him. I was in shock at this point because I was told all along that this was not an option as I had two c-sections before. The doctor said that if I wasn't able to deliver that I was already prepped for a c-section so we could take that route. I was excited to try and deliver Luke vaginally, this was an experience I so badly wanted with each pregnancy. The nurses and doctor had to tell me when to push as I was completely numb from the waist down so that was a little different. After pushing for about 20 minutes Luke was here, he was in my arms and I couldn't believe it! He was born at 5:20pm. Brandon was able to cut the umbilical cord as with a c-section that isn't allowed so he was excited. Luke cried and cried and it made me cry because I knew everything was okay and he was healthy! Luke was born at 37 1/2 weeks and weighed 7pounds 8 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long! Luke's delivery was the talk of the Labor and Delivery unit as the nurses kept telling us that they had never seen a vaginal delivery after having 2 previous c-sections. I am so thankful that I didn't have to have the c-section after all, the recovery was completely different! I spent two days in the hospital and we headed home as a family of 5! Luke is absolutely perfect and we love him so, so much! Welcome Luke William Tankesley!


In labor and still smiling
Love at first sight His first time peeing!
Hello Daddy! So big! Finally settled down Dr. Kramer with Brandon and LukeOh that face Proud Daddy PreciousAunt Nicole, Taylor, Jake, Poppy and Nana Jackson meets LukeGetting his first bath Luke with his pediatrican Jackson and Ella's pictures they made for Luke during their sibling class My little manProud Big Brother and Big Sister Mema with the kiddosSuch a sweet faceWe love him so much Our first family picture Heading home Leaving the hospital

2 comments:

Mighty Men said...

OH my goodness this brought me to tears!!! So neat! And what a beautiful family!!!

Marsha said...

Whew!! What a day that was!! Love that little guy!!